Etherion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

important dates .... put 'em in your diary, dairy, or dowry ...or any where you can find 'em again ....

Go down

important dates .... put 'em in your diary, dairy, or dowry ...or any where you can find 'em again .... Empty important dates .... put 'em in your diary, dairy, or dowry ...or any where you can find 'em again ....

Post  montyp1 Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:07 pm

i've just lost a complete whole post ...and I'm mad as a march hare ....!!!!

....but it was due entirely to the way I did it, so there Monty ... just accept you're not very good at driving a 'pewter' ....mumble / (expletive) / mumble ...
and now let me try again, with 'feeling' ....

...important dates ….to make our launch a huge success ….
IMPORTANT NOTE ...DATES HAVE CHANGED FROM THOSE SHOWN WHEN THIS WAS FIRST POSTED ....PLEASE NOTE THIS !!!!!

Tuesday 12th August …SODG meeting, …we are now four (4) in number after the recent arrival of a very talented educator (hope my spellin' good), who is helping Gilda, JuanCarlos and Paul ....(hi Jane), we hope to get a final draft copy of the interim Membership Application form ready and finish reviews of the Policy and Guidelines Sheet, and the Stage One Planning Application, and finalize the Vision Statement, with other items as well ...we will be busy but feel free to log on to this forum, as we post decisions you can check our progress ….and make comments too …

Friday 15th August …Community meeting at Magpie House 7:30 pm, …where we hope to distribute draft copies of the Membership Application for comment ...[the next three weeks will be a submision period allowing comments and suggestions] …and MontyPaul will present concept drawings of the Community Meeting Hall (referred to as the Community Centre in other posts) and the Community Rental Houses for comment …we will also discuss the plans to set dates for further stages of the development of the project ….......
........ so / bethereorbesquare …and,
.... if that makes sense, then you’re from that great period, just before the middle of last century, ...... when people could dance properly !!!

Friday 5th Sept [1st and 3rd fri in each month] …Community meeting at Magpie House, 7:30 pm, this meeting will finalize comments and submissions to the Membership Form so that we can prepare it for launch the following week (possibly on Monday Sept 1st), ....other possible items will include discussion of a proposal (... by gneo) to upgrade the existing ‘Homestead’ to increase the bedrooms to nine (9) for visitors ….

.....WELL ALL THAT'S NOW BEEN REVISED, see the Magpie House website (www.magpiehouse.com.au) for the newest information ...cheers, MontyPaul ..17.53 / 23.0808

Monday 8th September …is the planned day for the opening of Membership applications … this will entail completion of a Membership Form which will incur an initial payment of $25.00 (to be deducted from full payment ($500.00) at acceptance of your application), ... a meeting/interview date will be made at registration and interviews will involve approx. one hour at Magpie House, you will be required to sign your Probationary Period Notice at this meeting ….a decision will reach you within two (2) days …unsuccessful applicants will have this $25.00 fee refunded on return of the membership folder ….an interim Membership Number will be given, with a receipt, at lodgement and this Number will determine the order of offers for purchase/lease of a PLA (see other posts) ….in the event that there are more requests for these purchase/leases (initially x15), then up to three (x3) extra offers may be made …

ALL ABOVE NOW CHANGED TOO ...SEE NOTE ABOVE ..17.54 / 23.0808..cheers, MontyPaul

Sept 19th – Oct 5th (approx) …will be a period for visitors to come and see the land and feel the energy…
(it’s best done lying in the grass out by the shearing shed, sitting on the edge of the ‘Reedy-Windfall Dam’ (do not put your feet closer than one foot and a heel from the water, we know there's something in there, but we can't catch it as yet), and standing at the head of ‘JuanCarlos Valley’ (do though wrap both arms round the big tree, not however the big itchy tree)
.......... this is only my opinion, ...... but I say this because I have seen people fall backwards with the incoming rush of exhilaration in other ‘stronger’ areas, .... however you should perhaps decide with consideration of your age, medical insurance status, and other factors that may be relevant, such as whether you're alone, or feeling tired, ..... or just feeling like you've found your new home (as I felt ...), but be aware, these feelings are contagious, you can get them just by walking past a member, especially if she/he is smiling' ….)

..we also plan to do a lot of work, but as happened last time we’ll probably spend 5-6 hours (minimum) per day eating,
so this time we’re going to have a big dance to get us up, off our ‘sit-me-downs’,
……….where masked figures, with bright feathers and gaily costumed clothes will twirl and whirl,
.. and spin and shake, and rattle and roll, and even (I’m told) will rock and roll …
………..(wild, wild horses …. wouldn’t drag me away ….from that …)

this dance spectacular …
…oddly named ‘the Rollin’n’Rockin’n’Rockin’n’Rollin’ Dance-In …..will include circle, square, line and possibly tri-angle dancing (we'll need a minimum of three for this) and we have big hopes for an appearance and/or visit by
..... a very old member of the local ‘Bomwat’ tribe who is considering MC’ing a ‘special ceremony of welcome’ …
…there isn’t a lot of information yet , but I know there’s something about a circle, and holding hands, and I do know that coloured explosions will occur in the flames when they’re really, really big …I think this happens when the children are making the most noise …
and there’s even discussions about him bringing some of his clan …though this depends on negotiations about their ‘attendance fee’…and other dance fees they may charge …
…they’ll have to stand way, way back in the shadows, out of the fire light because some of them are so, so dishevelled (and just plain scary) that children, and some adults, haven’t got to sleep for up to six days after seeing one …
….I should explain that Bomwats are not fond of water and being close to one can ‘tickle one’s nasal hairs’, so to speak ….I do suggest that the inclusion of tissues scented with oils and fragrances, in your luggage, might help ward off this barrage to ones olfactory senses ….
…there is the need to protect your eyes as well
(scary is perhaps too gentle a word for some of these creatures, they can be also grotesque, terrifying and just plain ugly …but remembering that ‘beauty is in the eye of the beholder’, I suggest at the very minimum a good set of dark glasses, or plastic shatter-proof welding goggles …)
…as a last point, I do need to ask you not to forget your singing voices …
we’ll be wanting to help you gain lots of practice with these ……do however try and find time to have a good ‘tuner’, tune yours before you leave home ….

…Last week November [up to 30.1108] …acceptance of the offer to lease a PLA will be required, and any offers not taken up will be issued to the next Member due to receive it, as per their Membership Number listing …
…by now we will be able to offer plans for the Stage Two offer, with plans for road access and other infrastructure details already well advanced by then …
...thishasbeenanothersuccessfulMontyPaulpostandsonowitsgoodbyefrommeanditsgoodbyefromMontyPaulaswell ......

(more to come …but only if this posts properly ….I have fingers and legs, and other body parts crossed …)

montyp1

Location : between Monbulk, Melbourne / Vic. and Guyra / N.S.W.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum